DATA PROTECTION POLICY & PRIVACY NOTICE
Section One – Data Protection Policy
Quick Translations 4 U which is owned by TBC, with offices at, TBC, Company Registration Number: TBC offers language translations services for documents by matching their professional translators to customer projects in a bespoke service that is tailored to requirements.
UNDERSSTANDING OUR OBLIGATIONS
Quick Translations 4 U regularly assess and documents all processing activities, including those that include exposing data to a high risk as well as any sensitive personal data.
DATA SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS
All customers have the right to request details of any of the personal information that Quick Translations 4 U may hold on you, and customers have increased rights regarding the use of that information including the following:
- The right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date
- The right to erasure of your information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”)
- The right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information
- The right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (also known as “the right to portability”)
Quick Translations 4 U acknowledges that any person may ask if any information is held about them which contains their personal data. Quick Translations 4 U will respond to all written requests as soon as possible and will always aim to return this information within a period of no longer than 30 days. The company shall also correct any errors in data where requested, and agrees to delete any records where this is permitted under a legal basis.
REVIEW OF DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Data protection is a topic that is constantly reviewed by Quick Translations 4 U. These documents and the policies contained here are reviewed on at least an annual basis. Any changes that need to be made to this privacy notice shall be posted here on this page.
Every effort is made to ensure that the personal information that is held by Quick Translations 4 U is held in a responsible and secure manner. In order to ensure this, all networked equipment is encrypted and password protected and is also stored on encrypted cloud servers. These facilities are backed up by our IT provider and are regularly reviewed.
In the event of a breach, such as a break-in, loss or theft of company equipment such as a laptop or phone, then all staff and current clients will be made aware of this. If we believe that there is a serious risk of personal data being misused then all contacts will be informed and the incident will be reported to the relevant regulatory bodies.
Section Two – Privacy Notice
All documents remain the property and intellectual property of the client.
Receipt and return of the translation file documents is usually done on email, however some larger files may be shared using cloud storage based solutions and transfer services.
Review and assessment of all of the translated documents is done by the appointed linguist.
INFORMAION COLLECTED FROM CUSTOMERS
We may collect the following personal information from customers when they use this website:
- Information that is provided when a customer fills out a form on the website/
- Basic information such as name, email address and contact information.
- We may keep records of correspondence.
- We may collect details of your historic transactions which have been carried out on the website.
- Debit and credit card information may be collected.
WHAT THIS INFORMATION IS USED FOR
This information is held about customers when we need it for legitimate business purposes. This could be for any of the following reasons:
- To ensure that our website is working properly
- To provide customers with information about products or services that we think they may be interested in
- In order to carry out and fulfil all business obligations
- In order for customers to use the interactive features on the website
- To inform customers of any changes to our service
DISCLOSING THIS INFORMATION
This information will be stored securely as has been explained above, but in some cases we may need to share some of this information with third party providers where necessary. This could be in any of the following circumstances:
- If we buy or sell any of our business assets where we would be required to share the details of our databases with any prospective parties
- If we need to disclose some of this information in order to comply with any legal obligations
- When we work with third party companies which may provide services on our behalf
- For analysis purposes we may use statistics about the website and its uses
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which can hold small amounts of information and these are stored on your device or computer when you visit a website.
- Essential website operations such as site navigation
- The analysis of visitor numbers and behaviours, such as which pages are more popular and visited more often
- Assessing the success of our marketing and advertising efforts
- To target customers with suitable advertising campaigns
How to manage cookies
Most browsers will allow you to manage cookies which have been saved on to your device. Just check the help section in your browser. Please be aware if you modify cookies or decide to block them completely, then you may not be able to access some of our website or service.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please get in touch with us using our support page and someone will be happy to help you.